We believe in the power of natural ingredients and we use them with gratitude and respect. We only use those natural substances that have a proven record of safety and efficacy. Our raw materials come from authorized producers; they neither undergo chemical processing nor are they mixed with any artificial ingredients. Therefore, the use of the expression ‘natural product’ is quite literal.
Our products are made using highly nutritive substances and they contain no water, which means that these substances are used in high concentrations. So we can genuinely claim that our products are 100% active.
If you want to learn more about the properties of our main ingredients please choose from the following list:
Pure yellow beeswax (Cera Alba)
antiphlogistic, calmative, anti-inflammatory, cicatrizant, demulcent, moisturizing. Does not clog skin pores.
Beeswax is produced from the wax glands of the female worker honey bee, with the purpose of constructing the honeycomb. It’s a non toxic, complex, mixture of organic elements, mainly:
- esters (mainly myricylpalmitate) [beeswax is an ideal substance for cosmetics because of the esters it contains, which are similar to the wax esters in human skin. This renders beeswax-based products more compatible with the human skin, hence more easily and deeply absorbed by it. ]
- fatty acids [nourishing, moisturizing, demulcent with also strong antioxidant properties, they replenish skin’s lipids]
Extra virgin olive oil (OLEA Europaea (olive) Fruit Oil)
nourishing, moisturizing, demulcent, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, cicatrizant
Olive oil differs from any other kind of oil:
1. because of the high content of mono-unsaturated fatty acids
2. because of the beneficial characteristics of the rest of its ingredients, that either they don’t appear at all or they appear in smaller amounts in other kinds of oils.
- Antioxidant elements: fainols, multifainols, tokopherols (vitamin E), sterols, lycopen, vitamin K, vitamin C and B, karotene (vitamin A) [against free radicals, diminishing fine lines and refining skin’s appearance as a whole]
- Fatty acids and mainly oleic acid (about 56-84%) [nourishing, moisturizing, demulcent with also strong antioxidant properties, they replenish skin’s lipids]
- Trace-Elements, like sodium and potassium
It also contains:
- Oleokanthali [inflammatory substance]
- Squalen [nourishing element. Strengthens the lipid barrier inside the keratinized epithelium and penetration of other active substances. Softens the skin and makes it elastic and possesses anti-bacterial properties. Limits transepidermal water loss]
- chlorophyll [boosts metabolism, arouses cell’s increase and accelerates the cicatrization of wounds]Compared to other oils it is absorbed easier by the skin and it gets rancid very slowly.
Especially the extra virgin cold pressed olive oil maintains the highest levels of nourishing ingredients because it has undergone the minimum process of any other kind of oil and has the lowest acidity.
TiliaEuropaea Flower extract
It refers to the flowers of various species of linden trees. In cosmetics and personal care products, it is used for many years, as a skin conditioning agent for its soothing properties. It is particularly effective for protecting the skin against signs of aging and exposure to the sun as you age.
Natural Essential Oils
We use only natural, pure, certified essential oils.
- Lavandula Angustifolia Herb (Lavender) Oil
Properties: cooling, relaxing, antiseptic, relieves mild burns, therapeutic for inflammatory skin conditions such as dermatitis, psoriasis, and eczema
- Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf (Tea Tree) Oil
Properties: disinfectant, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antifungal, tonic of the lungs, heart and nervous system, especially in cases of mental fatigue.
- Mentha Spicata Herb (Spearmint) Oil – cooling, refreshing
Properties: Antiseptic, refreshing, deodorizing, against acne
- Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Fruit Oil *
Properties: sedative, calming especially for dry and sensitive skin
- Salvia Officinalis Lavandulifolia Herb Oil
Properties: reassuring, stabilizing, antimicrobial, sweat regulator, deodorant.