SOMA in ancient greek (ΣΩΜΑ) means “BODY”…
Soma & Poetry: Remember, Body... by C.P.Cavafis
Body, remember not only how much you were loved,
not only the beds you lay on,
but also those desires that glowed openly
in eyes that looked at you,
trembled for you in the voices—
only some chance obstacle frustrated them.
Now that it’s all finally in the past,
it seems almost as if you gave yourself
to those desires too—how they glowed,
remember, in eyes that looked at you,
remember, body, how they trembled for you in those voices.
Soma makes all-natural skincare, made for real people and their body (soma / σώμα / in ancient greek).
We believe in purity and simplicity of our ingredients, creating a company that we would prefer to buy from.
Here are some of our values:
- We believe that skincare shouldn’t be complicated. We keep our ingredients lists simple with only beneficial ingredients and no “fillers” to create effective formulas.
- Our products are multi-taskers, and often just one or two products are enough for every skincare need.
- Skincare routines using Soma products are simple, enjoyable and effective.
Passion: we bring commitment, care and integrity to everything we do
Aim: reveal beauty
- We use only carefully selected natural, raw ingredients that are pure enough to eat!
- We do not use any synthetic or toxic ingredients.
- Every ingredient is chosen for its reputable and tested benefits to skin.
- All ingredients are plant-derived, making Soma vegan and vegetarian friendly.
- Soma products smell fantastic, thanks to quality essential oils! We use essential oils that are beneficial both in their properties for skin and for their fresh scent.
- First, oodles of obsessive research and testing goes into every product sold. We choose ingredients for their benefits to skin before all else.
- We do not use high heat while creating our products, which would compromise the quality of the ingredients.
- We do not test on animals, and neither do our suppliers.
- We strive to be as ecologically friendly as possible, which includes using recyclable packaging, usually from specially-selected glass. When possible, we source our ingredients locally.
- Soma maintains transparency about what goes into our products. The ingredients lists are clear, and we are always willing to answer questions from our customers.
- We do not rely on misleading marketing to promote our products.
- Because we use safe ingredients derived from nature, our products are biodegradable.
We do not use:
Preservatives linked to health issues and skin irritation:
- (Parabens, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin, Diazolidinyl Urea, Imidazolidinyl Urea, BHA, BHT) Hydroquinone
- Petroleum or Petroleum-derived ingredients (Mineral Oil, Paraffin Wax, Carbomer, Benzene, Toluene) SLS, SLES, ALES, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Octoxynols
- 1,4-dioxane, Ethoxylated compounds (PEGs, PPG, Ceteareth, Polysorbate 60, -80)
- Nitrosamines (MEA, TEA, DEA)
- Glycols and Diglycols (Propylene Glycol, Ethylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol)
- Animal ingredients (Lanolin, Musk, Collagen, Squalene)
- Quarternary Ammonium compounds (Polyquaternium)
- Synthetic polymers (Nylon, Polyacrylamide, Elastomers, Poloxamer, Styrene, Vinyl)
- Synthetic sunscreens (PABA, Oxybenzone, Benzophenones)
- Ingredients hazardous to the environment (Non-biodegradable, toxic, harmful: EDTA, Silicones, Triclosan)
Helen and Christos.