THE CONCEPT ABOUT MY FINE ARTS CREATIONS
My series PAINTING THE UNSEEN - Trilogy "ABOUT SOUL", examines the empowerment of our soul through life's trials, the value of dreaming and the unconscious messages we receive while dreaming - something that I consider to be a form of spiritual guidance that can help us realize our dreams and lead a happier life.
It focuses on the soul’s journey and transformation over one’s life and it is consisted by the parts:
1. CHAOS & PSYCHE (my Dissertation's Abstract Video Art piece that was exhibited first at the Aidekman Arts Center at Tufts University and then at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston in 1992); it was based on the 4 trials that Goddess Venus gave to Princess Psyche in order for her to gain back her husband Eros - her main source of love, inspiration and creativity, according to the Greek myth of "Eros & Psyche." CHAOS & PSYCHE was the 1st MFA Thesis on Arts & Technology and inaugurated that new department at Tufts University in affiliation with the School of the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, USA
2. GAMES OF THE SOUL (17 paintings and poems exhibited in 2000 in Europe); the series represents the first awakenings of Princess Psyche's soul and its journeys through the winding, endless rivers of human emotions, after she overcame Venus trials; it focuses not only on the new perspective of self esteem and self worth that a woman could have after a strong crisis in her life, but also, at the internal balance and harmony she gains after she finally finds the insight to see life like a child again
3. DREAMS (exhibited not only in Europe, but also, worldwide through on line art galleries and social media from the year 2002 to the present time); in my series DREAMS, Princess Psyche and her flourishing through the sleep fantasy, acquires every stimulus that becomes a revealing answer for her and formulates it artistically by abstract and contemplative forms, believing deeply that dreams can be: a new beginning, a fresh adventure, a secret and mysterious laboratory, a message from our subconscious – our wise self – that may give solutions, may warn and/or may predict an in future act. In this part, Psyche understands her dreams’ messages through her intuition and meditates on them; through her personal symbolism and interpretations she finds out that her dreams, like vivid pictures, like guardian angels, help her to decide, to hope, to see the invisible and make known the unknown, in her attempt to exorcise fear and meet the catharsis, simultaneously welcoming all new life challenges.
My series DREAMS is dedicated to:
- all those who believe and are inspired by dreams in their "sleeping" and their "real" life,
- all those who believe that dreams can become reality when you put your heart and soul into them, and,
- all who respect not only their own dreams, but also the dreams of others, helping both themselves and others to make them reality, adding enormously to the creation of a new, flourishing world that gives real value to our human existence.
©2015 by Lila Koufopoulou
My recently published hardcover provides you with a snapshot of my work from 1992 till today.
Please, visit: http://www.blurb.com/b/4361236-painting-the-unseen?pid=New